As the Sikh community gears up for Tears And Ashes on November 29th, The Sikh Activist Network has attracted national attention from International Human Rights Organizations and Members of Parliament.
Numerous high profile political figures and human rights organizations have confirmed their attendance in the recent days.
Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Amnesty International Canada – Director, Sharmila Seteram
- Journalist for Human Rights – Executive Director, Rachel Pulfer
- Sikh Research Institute – Dr. Harinder Singh
- Langara College Department Chair – Dr. Indira Prahst
- Sikhs For Justice – Jay Grewal
- Federal NDP MP – Olivia Chow
Those Attending Include:
- Canadian Labour Congress;
- Ontario NDP Caucus Members;
- Former Liberal MP, Sukh Dhaliwal
- Former Liberal MP, Andrew Kania
- Federal NDP MP, Andrew Cash;
- And, Federal NDP Leadership Candidate and NDP MP – Thomas Mulcair
Further, NDP Leadership Candidate Martin Singh has also indicated interest in attending. Additionally, for those that require transportation FREE BUSES will be provided.
Pick Up Locations Include:
- Malton Gurdwara – 5pm
- Dixie Gurdwara – 5pm
- Peter Robertson Gurdwara – 5pm
- Waterloo University – 4pm
- Guelph University – 4:30pm