Punjab is beginning to look disturbingly similar to the day’s when State Terror ran rampant in every facet of life. With the recent win of the Akali Dal (B) in the Punjab state elections, some very concerning elements have begun to align themselves under the Badal Regime.
In the most recent public display of disregard for Human Rights, it is alleged that one of the most notorious and vicious perpetrators of human rights violations against Sikhs since the 1980’s, has been rewarded. Sumedh Saini, has been appointed as the Top Dog of the Punjab Police, as its DGP.
Although, Sumedh Saini may not be as recognizable of a name as KP Gill’s, the allegations and charges against him are equally if not more disturbing. In order to illustrate this, we have compiled a list below along with images and allegations of charges against him.
Sumedh Saini Hitman – Ajit Poohla
- Sumedh Saini, is allegedly responsible for brutally torturing countless Sikh youth
- Police informer and hitman, Ajit Poohla was allegedly under Saini’s direct command. It is believed Saini provided Poohla and his gang with arms, vehicles and immunity from prosecution.
- It is believed that Saini personally ordered Poohla to take revenge on the family of Bhai Balwinder Singh Jatana, after he suspected Jatana was responsible for an attempt on his life on August 31, 1991.
- When Poohla died in 2008, Sumedh Saini made a point of appearing at his funeral
Murder of Bhai Balwinder Singh Jatana
- Saini, believed Bhai Balwinder Singh Jatana was responsible for the hit on his life.
- It is alleged, that Saini as a result ordered a hit on Bhai Balwinder Singh Jatana’s life.
- Poohla on Saini’s orders allegedly, proceeded to kill Jatana’s grandmother (80 years old ), his Aunt Jasmer Kaur (40 years old), his cousin Manpreet Kaur (13 years old), and his nephew Simranjit Singh (5 years old).
Professor. Devinderpal Singh Bhullar
- It is alleged that after Saini ordered the hit on Bhai Balwinder Singh Jatana, that he later suspected Davinderpal Singh Bhullar to be responsible for that same hit on his life.
- It is believed that, this is when Saini instructed and engaged in the abduction and torture to death of Bhullar’s best friend Balwant Singh Multani, Bhullar’s father Balwant Singh and his uncle.
- A case was registered but stayed by the Supreme Court due to legal technicalities.
- Professor Devinderpal Singh was later arrested and jailed via forced confession. He is currently on deathrow, and claims complete innocence.
- During Professor Devinderpal Singh Bhullar’s trial, none of 133 witnesses gave evidence against Prof. Bhullar
- The only evidence against Prof. Bhullar is a confession given to a police officer, extracted through torture
- Out of a the 3 judge bench the most senior judge acquitted him, citing a lack of corroborative evidence for Professor Singh Bhullar’s “confession”.
Murder of Manjit Singh
- It is alleged, that when Saini suspected that police officer Manjit Singh was sympathizing with the Sikh movement, he personally tortured Manjit Singh to death by beating him, applying electrical shocks, and by cutting his leg open and filling it with salt. Photos are attached below.
- In 1994, Saini disappeared his former brother in law Vinod Kumar after he had a split with Saini’s sister. That case is ongoing.
- Then SSP of Ropar Mohammad Mustapha, now an ADGP in the Punjab Police officially complained that Saini had set fire to his own farmhouse and blamed “militants” and furthermore that Saini had killed a Parminder Singh and thrown his body in Ropar district and then asked Ropar Police to say that they had killed him after he was trying to escape.